The core competence of Breuckmann GmbH & Co. KG is high pressure die casting with raw materials whose the casting exceeds the threshold of 1000°C.
The high pressure die casting process offers ideal conditions for the economic manufacture of precise castings with a high surface quality.
We primarily cast silicon tombac, pure copper and brass for customers in the lock and fitting industry, the electronics and automotive industries in addition to general mechanical engineering.
High pressure die casting at temperatures of over 1000°C is remarkable as the same steel moulds are used again and again, even though these moulds melt at temperatures of approx. 1500°C. Thanks to 50 years of experience in this area, we succeed in delaying the heat-related wear to the mould at such high temperatures, and we also manage to efficiently repair once worn-out moulds. This know-how allows us to combine excellent casting properties with an extremely economical production process, all to the benefit of our customers.
Our great production depth and exceptional innovation expertise differentiate us from our competitors. The company’s commitment to these objectives is seen in the high demand for scientific education and training among our engineers and management and, not least in the substantial investment volume we have made over the past years. Today, Breuckmann GmbH & Co. KG is one of the most modern foundries in the market and a powerful partner with solutions for your tasks.
This makes us strong: All the steps involved in the production our products are carried out in-house. Direct access to all departments guarantees us lasting quality and flexibility.
Research, development and innovation
Intensive cooperation takes place with numerous regional, national and international research institutes: the Research Centre Jülich, the Fraunhofer Institute, RWTH Aachen, ETH Zürich, The University of Cambridge, The University of Miskolc, The Ruhr University Bochum, The University of Applied Sciences Bochum, The University of Engineering and Economics Dresden. Furthermore, Breuckmann GmbH & Co. KG is also a member in industry associations such as the German Copper Institute (DKI), the Research Association for Power Transmission Engineering (FVA), the Forum for Electromobility and the Key Region.
In order to verifiably confirm our quality claims, we have obtained the following certification:
- Quality Management in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001 : 2008
- Environmental Management in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14001: 2009:
- Energy Management in accordance with DIN EN ISO 50001 : 2011
We focus on our customers’ requirements and expectations and aim to fulfil these promptly. Our business relations are founded on our customers’ trust in our high quality standard. In order to achieve our environmental targets, we regularly investigate and evaluate the impact and benefits of our products and production processes as regards the environment. We cultivate an ecological awareness among our employees and utilise the most modern technologies in order to protect the environment on a sustainable basis. One of our environmental objectives is to improve our energy-related performance systematically and for the long term.
- 1966: Establishment of the company by Hans Breuckmann in Velbert, Permanent Mould Casting made of silicon tombac (olkusil) and brass
- 1972: Construction of the production and administration building in Heiligenhaus, Dieselstraße 28
- 1984: Dipl.-Ing. Volker Breuckmann joins management
- 1985: Permanent Mould Casting made of pure copper
- 1987: Mechanical post-processing, CNC post-processing
- 1990: Launch of the ” >1000°C high pressure die casting process “
- 1994: Mould Making and Toolmaking including construction
- 1995: Deburring (fine blanking)
- 1996: HSC Milling Technology (3D-CAM)
- 2006: Development of a manufacturing process for the technical casting of copper rotors
- 2007: Establishment of the “Research, Development and Innovation” department
- 2010: Death of the company founder Hans Breuckmann
- 2011: Takeover of the Winkelsträter company (sacrificial anodes)
- 2014: URelocation and reorganisation of the process chain ” >1000°C high pressure die casting” in the new production and administration building, Dieselstraße 26-28
- 2016: Foundation of Breuckmann Hungary Kft. in Hungary
- 2017: M.Sc. Michael Breuckmann joins management